There are many opportunities to be proactive with the media. However, the most important consideration is to ensure that we provide the media with newsworthy stories.
General guide to developing a newsworthy Woodard Schools story:
- Does it profile your school/Woodard as the strategic lead for education in your area / regionally / nationally?
- Does it concern the investment or launch of a new facility / student or school achievement / industry comment / new developments or advances in education / staff appointment?
- Is it possible to include a quote?
- Can you support the story with interesting / relevant photography?
- As yourself, would you be interested in reading / hearing about it
What sorts of stories are worth a press release?
- Facility openings / developments
- School / Student achievements (Musical / Sporting / Academic etc)
- Events / Visits
- Research / Partnership Initiatives
- Human interest (Individual / Charitable activities etc
Always remember what journalists do not want:
- They do not want to waste precious time
- They do not want to give your school/Woodard free advertising