The following questions act as a checklist to help you get the relevant information for most frequently used press release topics:
Funding/Project Announcement Press Release
- What is the project?
- How much is being invested?
- Where has the money come from?
- What will this money fund?
- When will the project/facility be up and running?
- When will the final facility be open for use/new equipment be installed?
- Who has supplied/donated the equipment?
- Who will benefit as a result of this investment?
- Who is to be quoted from the school/Woodard?
- Who else needs to be quoted from any third parties?
New Appointment Press Release
- What is the person’s name and new job title?
- Is this role newly created?
- When were they appointed?
- What are their roles and responsibilities?
- What are their job objectives?
- Who will they be reporting to?
- What organisations have they worked for before and in what capacity?
- What were their major achievements in their previous roles?
- Are they part of any industry or professional bodies?
- What are their personal interests?
- Who should provide a quote about the appointment?