King’s College is delighted to announce that their Sports Hub project has now evolved to include three exciting phases:
- Phase One will see a state-of-the-art cricket school completed;
- Phase Two will involve a covering for the school’s tennis and netball courts to create an all-weather facility;
- Phase Three will be major improvements to the current Sports Hall plus an indoor climbing wall.
The three phases of the school’s sports development will jointly provide an outstanding boost to sports facilities and will benefit a range of games for both boys and girls, underlining the strength of sporting tradition at King’s.
To find out more about the Sports Hub Appeal, please read the first campaign newsletter by visiting https://view.pagetiger.com/SportsHubNewsletterMarch2016/issue1 .
As a way to involve the whole school in the Sports Hub Appeal, the school has created a series of physical challenges that are set to take place on Thursday 30 June:
- 5km fun-run around the school playing fields – can you achieve a sub 40/30/20 minute time?
- Swim the Channel – help achieve the Channel distance of 21 miles in our pool and swim as many lengths as you can.
- Climb Ben Nevis – help achieve the 1445m climb which equates to 181 ascents of our climbing wall.
Most of the Senior Management Team have agreed to take part in one of the challenges and the school hopes Heads of Departments and House staff can be persuaded to join in also lead the way!